Wednesday, September 24, 2003

The Corner where she sat!

 Alone and cold, in the corner she sat,
No one around not even a rat,
They left her there without a cat,
No sun to find where she's at.

Dark and gloomy was all she saw,
In her corner by herself was all,
If a window to peek in awe,
Tears would be what you saw.
 
Smiles no longer upon her face,
Yet her poise was still of grace,
Sitting in her gown of lace,
Time was slipping in this race,
 
Friends have silently slipped away,
How she wished they would have stayed,
Upon this floor of cold she lay,
Hoping for a better day.
 
Alone and scared she sat,
In this corner full of rats,
No one knowing where she's at,
Simply wishing for her cat!
===================================================================
From: _KingofHeartsShawn_ - - - - 9/24/03
Very touching poem!
She didn't need to sit in the corner when there are so many others around!
===================================================================
From: ME - - - - 9/28/03
Aww Shawn..
She simply was forced there when the others forgot she was there! Some no longer even care! It's sad when those who were thought of as friends were only so when it was of convenience. I'm sure many new friends will join to outweigh the rest...
I so love your poems. Feel free, if inspired to find an appropriate pic for any of my poems... Just post it on the same thread and I'll make a special page and re-post the poem with it's chosen pic..
I never can seem to find the right pic to add with my poems... And you seem to always know the right ones to add with yours..
Thank You!
===================================================================
From: _KingofHeartsShawn_ - - - - 9/29/03
Its sad when people cease to care.
This would be a tragic, cold world to live in if nobody cared for anyone.
I'm glad there are some considerate people with warm feelings in this world.
If I find an appropriate picture, I will post it.
===================================================================