Ha! I've learned something very important.
Friends are much more than friends to me.
Growing up I've always understood that a significant other should always love you deeper, respect you more and treat you better than a "best, close, Friend". That was always the difference in lovers & friendships... Or so I thought.
Well, in view of my last 3 SL relationships, they've all been fakes. For in this case. My friends have been there for me more, have treated me better, respected me more, loved me deeper than any "loved one" I've been with. In fact, I have phone numbers of my closest dearest friends who aren't afraid to trust me. Those are the ones I value most.
My friends are special, they are more than friends to me. It's these people who care the most, respect me the most, and always have me at hello. If fate/destiny intervened and opened the line, it's one I know would be safe to cross. Perhaps that's the real key.
Give up those who are fake, and stick with the real friends/loved ones who honestly respect the person you already are. They're the ones who have you in their hearts. They're the ones who know you better than you may even know yourself.
Truth is the key. Those who really love are those who take the chance to know you. They respect you and treat you like a Queen. They're true blue and don't run. To me, I refuse to keep RL and SL separate. You can't. What's real in SL is in fact real in RL! If you're not ready to take a relationship outside of SL, don't have one inside SL either. It's hard to just Role Play a love affair without it dripping into the RL world.
So to those who only wish to play the game in SL! GO AWAY You fake! I want a real person instead. Someone who has my heart in their best interest... Treat it well, and it will be the best thing that ever happened to you. 