Why is it so hard to find Love?
Why do I look for it endlessly?
Is it really so rewarding?
Do I have to lose myself to gain that reward?
Who is able to Love?
do we all have it within us?
Why is it that those that are so willing and ready to receive it...
get hurt so bad?
Is it really worth it?
The emotional rollercoaster called Love,
One minute high in the clouds...
the next so low that crawling is a step up.
Am I better off learning to be satisfied without true companionship?
As I grow older, I find myself saying more and more...
that I am better off without it.
And yet, I still open myself to the pain I know it will bring.
Why do I do that to myself?
Do I deserve it?
Have I been searching for something I am certain will never be found?
Am I supposed to be happy without finding that special someone?
Is it possible for that someone to exist?
I used to believe with my whole being...
that there is someone out there for me.
But more and more I ask the questions.
Ever losing my faith that Love will find me.
I can't make it happen,
I can only only choose to give of myself...
and hope that I receive the same in return.
Do I want to become a cold, heartless being that doesn't believe in Love?
Or do I hold onto the idea...
that something that has eluded me for so long actually exists?
Herein lies the dilemna,
A dilemna I am not sure I can figure out
So I shall remain in limbo, yearning to not have to feel,
and still trying to give of myself...
and continuing the heartbreaks.
Fate, bring me that special someone...
Before I finally lose myself...
to the coldness of not feeling.
================================================